Driving Change Automotive Group – Senior Multimedia Designer (October 2018 – Present)
The Driving Change Automotive Group is a group of dealerships in Western Canada with four dealerships in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
Bennett Dunlop Ford – Regina, SK • Moose Jaw Ford- Moose Jaw, SK • River City Ford – Winnipeg, MB • Carman Ford – Carman, and MB
Compass Advertising – Art Director & Pink Magazine Managing Editor (May 2012 – September 2018)
My journey with Compass Advertising started with rebuilding all of their publications from the ground up. I also created a system to streamline the way advertisements & projects are communicated and submitted between the sales team and the advertising team. After fixing these 2 main issues, I jumped into the real work!
• Rebranded the agency and recreated the website to improve the way we present & promote ourselves.
• Redesigned Compass Magazine as well as Pink Magazine and their promotional materials.
• Art Direction for all Pink Magazine photoshoots.
• Managed all writers and editors working on Pink Magazine.
• Introduced web design to the agency which has now grown to be a large part of the business with so many great websites created for clients.
• Focused more on the production of physical marketing products that was very limited before I joined by making leaflets, large format banners & stickers, and brochures & business cards a new source of revenue for the business.
• Worked with the Regina Real Estate Association on putting the Real Estate Review Magazine project together from website to publication and all promotional material. I made sure the project was completed and launched on time and met all of their requirements. Today the magazine is published weekly, and the website is visited by thousands of people from Regina and surrounding areas every week.
Muse Advertising – Art Director / Partner (June 2008 – May 2012)
Worked with numerous global companies and organizations on a variety of projects from creating branding & identity guidelines to promotional campaigns.
Clients included: Intercontinental Hotel • Rotana Hotel • Hilton Abu Dhabi • Sahara Golf Club • HEISCO • Carpet Land and many more.
Being a partner in Muse Advertising also forced me to focus on many new aspects of the business from assisting our sales team to managing all communications and pricing with the printing presses & production houses that we worked with. In addition, I worked with our customers on their media planning & advertising budgets and helped them spend their budget in the right mediums.
Hilton Worldwide Resort – Art Director (June 2004 – June 2008)
• Created promotional campaigns (ads, brochures, flyers, booklets, posters, banners, greeting cards, and much more).
• Created, designed, and developed all menus, brochures, and advertising tools.
• Applied Hilton worldwide advertising toolkit & identity guidelines to all products and promotions.
• Established regional and worldwide identity guidelines for different Hilton worldwide promotions that were used in multiple Hilton properties around the world.
• Created full media campaign plans for radio, TV, newspaper, magazines, and billboards.
• Oversaw production control for all printed materials, maintaining high quality and color consistency throughout all productions.
• Worked with multiple printing presses on pricing to make sure we always received the best quality and prices.
• Provided Art Direction for multiple promotional photo-shoots that took from 1 full day up to a week of shooting. Managed models, created the scenarios and themes we needed to shoot, and coordinated with different departments and the production company hired to do the shoot.
Khayal Consultants – Graphic Designer (November 2001 – June 2004)
This was my introduction to the amazing world of advertising. Khayal Consultants had clients in many different industries. Working with so many clients on promoting a variety of different products and services helped me to start my advertising career on the right track. Khayal Consultants gave me my first job as a graphic designer, and I loved every minute of it!